CCV GOALS AND PRIORITIES
4. To expand membership of our group to like-minded persons regardless of their political affiliation.
Some of the Issues We Care Most About:
1. Free Enterprise Economy (e.g., fiscal responsibility, tax policies that promote growth of businesses, jobs, and general prosperity, elimination of unnecessary bureaucracy and regulation)
2. Limited, responsible, and responsive government.
3. Strong national defense, including border security.
4. Adherence by politicians and the courts to the Constitution and the rights of the individual. (e.g., civil rights, freedom of expression, right to bear arms)
NOTE: It's easy to have a copy of each letter/blog sent to you via e-mail. Just put your e-mail address in the "Follow by E-mail" slot (in the right column) and push submit.
Friday, July 27, 2012
Friday, July 20, 2012
The problem is that conservatives don't buy that. We do love metaphors; e.g., "America is a shining city on a hill." However, if Obama is the shepherd, then it follows that we're all "the sheep." That may be okay with many Democrats and their sheep dog media, but it doesn't set will with conservatives, and many others.
America is not a nation of sheep, never has been, never will be.
Furthermore, large numbers of voters are beginning to look carefully at what conservatives have been saying all along - - that we elected a pretty good community organizer who knew enough about the law to be dangerous to our economy, our individual liberties, and our great country.
For three and one half years he has held the most powerful job we can bestow on a citizen. Has he improved our economy, brought us closer together, or enhanced our well being as a people? No.
Instead, this President has desperately stepped up his attacks on the very core of our greatness and deliberately divides our people along class lines. This past week he commented, in effect, that "small business owners don't create their businesses, someone else does." That's "trash talk" and its patently not true.
In November, let's hope Americans vote to replace this "shepherd" with a President.
Concerned Coastal Voters